Read time: 4 minutes
At its core, the Be Do Have distinction is about prioritizing who we are being over what we are doing or what we have. It emphasizes the importance of cultivating the mindset and actions of your highest self, rather than focusing solely on external achievements or possessions. When we approach life from a Be Do Have perspective, we recognize that our beingness – our values, beliefs, character, and actions – is what ultimately drives our outcomes.
On the other hand, the Have Do Be distinction is about prioritizing external possessions or achievements as the means to becoming who we want to be. This perspective is common in our society, where success is often measured by what we have, rather than who we are. However, when we live by the Have Do Be distinction, we can easily fall into a trap of chasing external validation and neglecting our inner growth.
So how do we put the Be Do Have distinction into practice? It starts with a shift in mindset. We must recognize that who we are being is the foundation of our outcomes and make a conscious effort to cultivate the values, character traits, mindset, and actions that align with our goals and aspirations. From there, we will see that the things we want naturally fall into place but always with the understanding that our beingness is what truly matters.
“Instructions for traveling on your journey a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
Fellow travelers, let us all strive to live by the Be Do Have distinction, prioritizing our beingness and cultivating the values and character traits that align with our goals and aspirations. By doing so, we can create a life of purpose, fulfillment, and joy, and become the best versions of ourselves.
1. Practice self-reflection: Set aside time each day to reflect on who you are being in different situations. Ask yourself if your thoughts, emotions, and actions align with your values and aspirations.
2. Cultivate a growth mindset: Embrace the idea that your beingness is what drives your actions and outcomes, and that you have the power to cultivate the right mindset and attitude for success.
3. Define your values and character traits: Take the time to identify the values and character traits that are most important to you, and make a conscious effort to live in alignment with them.
4. Set inspiring goals: Rather than focusing solely on external achievements or possessions, set goals that align with your values and aspirations, and that inspire you to be the best version of yourself.
5. Practice self-care: Take care of your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being, as this will help you cultivate the right mindset and attitude for success.
6. Surround yourself with positivity: Surround yourself with people who support and encourage you in your growth and development, and who align with your values and aspirations.
7. Celebrate your progress: Acknowledge and celebrate the progress you make towards your goals, no matter how small. This will help you stay motivated and inspired to continue living by the Be Do Have distinction.
Remember, travelers, living by the Be Do Have distinction is a journey, not a destination. It requires us to be intentional about our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, and to cultivate the right mindset and attitude for success. But with practice and perseverance, we can create a life of purpose, fulfillment, and joy, and become the best versions of ourselves.