Read time: 4 minutes
Science has shown us that happiness isn’t how much money you make, whether you’re in a relationship,or if you have a new car. Happiness is directly correlated with being fully present in the moment, aware of you thoughts, emotions, and surroundings. It’s about approaching life with intention and purpose, rather than simply going through the motions. When we are present, we have the power to choose our thoughts and behaviors, rather than reacting impulsively or habitually.
On the other hand, living in auto-pilot means you’re operating on default mode, without much awareness or intention. It’s about going through the motions of our daily routines without much thought or consideration. When we are on auto-pilot, we are often reactive rather than proactive, and our lives can feel stagnant or unfulfilling.
So how do we cultivate presence in our lives? It starts with a willingness to be aware and in the moment. We must make a conscious effort to pay attention to our thoughts and emotions, and notice when we are operating on auto-pilot. From there, we can make a conscious choice to shift our focus to the present moment and approach life with intention and purpose.
Living with consciousness requires us to be willing to take responsibility for our own growth and development. It means being willing to examine our thoughts and behaviors, and make conscious choices that align with our values and aspirations. It’s about being willing to step out of our comfort zones and embrace new experiences and opportunities.
Attention is the beginning of devotion. When we are conscious and present in the moment, we give ourselves the gift of truly experiencing life in all its beauty and complexity. Let us choose to live with intention and purpose, cultivating consciousness in our daily lives, and let our devotion to this practice guide us towards a life of purpose, fulfillment, and joy.
So travelers, let us all strive to live with presence, approaching each moment with intention and purpose. Let us be willing to examine our thoughts and behaviors, and make conscious choices that align with our deepest values and aspirations. By doing so, we can create a life of purpose, fulfillment, and joy, and become the best versions of ourselves.
- Start each day with a mindfulness practice, such as meditation or yoga, to cultivate awareness and presence. Check out this body scan meditation.
- Take breaks throughout the day to check in with yourself and your surroundings. Take a few deep breaths and notice your thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations.
- Prioritize activities that align with your values and aspirations, rather than simply going through the motions of your daily routine.
- Embrace experiences and step out of your comfort zone to keep your mind engaged and avoid stagnation.
- Am I fully present in this moment, and if not – how can I cultivate presence?
- Am I making conscious choices that align with my values and aspirations, and if not – where can I realign toward my goals?
- Am I taking responsibility for my own growth and development, and if not – where can I shift into radical responsibility?
- Am I open to new experiences and opportunities? Where can I expand into new things?
Remember, travelers, presence is a journey – not a destination. It requires us to be intentional about our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, and to cultivate a mindset and attitude for success. But with practice and perseverance, we can create a life of purpose, fulfillment, and joy, and become the best versions of ourselves.